CHILDREN ENJOY 2 HOURS OF SURF SCHOOL WITH THEIR VERY OWN HAWAIIAN LIFEGUARD
Learn how to Surf 1-on-1 side by side with a lifeguard or for children under 55 Lbs: on-board with a lifeguard.
Mandatory for all Children Ages 3-10 years old.
Children Under 55 lbs ride on board with a Lifeguard as a TANDEM lesson for added safety and fun and will be provided with a lifejacket if needed.
Hawaii lifeguard Surf Instructors are Fully Trained and Certified by the American Red Cross and we are proudly entrusted by the Make A Wish Foundation year round.
Student Transportation from Check In Location to Surfing Location is NOT provided by HLSI.
ALL STUDENTS MUST BE ABLE TO SWIM AND PARTICIPATE IN PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
CHILDREN SHOULD BE COMFORTABLE WITH WATER AND WITH AN INSTRUCTOR.
PARENTS/GUARDIANS NOT SURFING MUST REMAIN ON LOCATION TO ACCOMPANY THEIR MINOR CHILDREN.
- Private Lifeguard Surf Instructor
- 45 minute classroom surf school @ HLSI HQ
- 1 Hour surf school water time @ Kahalu’u Bay
- Surf Board and Leash
- Lifejacket (optional) for children under 50lbs surfing tandem on board with Lifeguard
- Rash Guard Water Shirt and Water Shoes Rental
THINGS TO BRING
- Sunscreen- reef safe please!
- Swim Clothes (please arrive dressed in swim attire by check in time)
- Swim Shirt- free rental available
- Water Shoes- free rental available
Ideal surf viewing area is available at Kahalu’u Beach Park for spectators to enjoy. Kahalu’u is also ideal for swimming, picnicking and snorkeling.
Safety & Health Disclosure: All Students must be able to swim, follow basic English instruction and participate in strenuous physical activity. Please disclose any major past injuries/ surgeries or medical illnesses. Parents/Guardians not surfing must remain on location to accompany their minor children.Those persons with any ailments are advised to please select a private surfing course so that our Lifeguards are able to best service your special needs.