Learn how to Surf, or improve your current skill level 1-on-1 with your very own lifeguard at Kahalu’u Beach Park.
Hawaii lifeguard Surf Instructors are Fully Trained and Certified by the American Red Cross in Professional Lifeguarding, Ocean Rescue, CPR, AED and First Aid.
Recommended for advanced individuals to improve current skill level.
For Ages 11+. Underage surfers please select private child surfing lesson option
- ALL STUDENTS MUST BE ABLE TO SWIM AND PARTICIPATE IN PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
- PARENTS/GUARDIANS NOT SURFING MUST REMAIN ON LOCATION TO ACCOMPANY THEIR MINOR CHILDREN.
- Private Lifeguard Surf Instructor
- 45 minute classroom surf school @ HLSI HQ
- 1 Hour surf school water time @ Kahalu’u Bay
- Surf Board and Leash
- Rash Guard Water Shirt and Water Shoes Rental
- *Car Keys While Surfing & Beach Bags Can Be Stored By Instructor For Safe Keeping At Beach Park
THINGS TO BRING
- Sunscreen- reef safe please
- Swim Clothes (please arrive dressed for water activity prior to check in)
- Swim Shirt- free rental available
- Water Shoes- free rental available
Ideal surf viewing area is available at Kahalu’u Beach Park for spectators to enjoy. Kahalu’u is also ideal for swimming, picnicking and snorkeling.
Safety & Health Disclosure: All Students must be able to swim, follow basic English instruction and participate in strenuous physical activity. Please disclose any major past injuries/ surgeries or medical illnesses. Parents/Guardians not surfing must remain on location to accompany their minor children.Those persons with any ailments are advised to please select a private surfing course so that our Lifeguards are able to best service your special needs.
Student(s) Transportation from Check In Location to Surfing Location is NOT provided by HLSI.