Lets Explore Our Own Backyard!
The Willamette River is perhaps the most important body of water in Oregon. For thousands of years, people have used the river to sustain their communities through the abundant resources it offers, through the trade routes it brought, and the spiritual beliefs surrounding it. Living in the Willamette Valley, we’re lucky to be so close to such an beautiful river.
Come join us on a paddle down the Willamette. We’ll be paddling from Peoria Park down to Michael’s Landing. Any kind of paddle craft may be used- a kayak, canoe, or stand-up paddleboard. Lunch will be included on this trip. Please let us know of any dietary restrictions.
Date: Saturday 10/2
Time: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Location: Peoria Park
Instructor: Tim Schley, Kyla Basher
Boat is included with the class fee. In order to rent a boat for free, please use the code WILLYFLOAT at checkout for 100% off of your accompanying boat rental.
Adventure Services Equity & Inclusion Fund available – apply here.
Questions? Give us a call at (541)754-6444 or send our Adventure Services Coordinator an email at [email protected]
Peak Sports appreciates the use of the ancestral land of the Mary’s River Band of the Kalapuya, and is an equal opportunity outdoor recreation service provider.
- Breathe independently (i.e., not require medical devices to sustain breathing)
- Independently maintain sealed airway passages while under water
- Independently hold head upright without neck / head support
- Manage personal care independently or with assistance of a companion
- Manage personal mobility independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance
- Follow instructions and effectively communicate independently or with assistance of a companion
- Independently turn from face-down to face-up and remain floating face up while wearing a properly fitted life jacket
- Get in/out or on/off of a paddlecraft independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance
- Independently get out and from under a capsized paddlecraft
- Reenter or remount the paddlecraft following deep water capsize independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance
- Maintain a safe body position while attempting skills, activities and rescues listed in the appropriate Course Outline, and have the ability to recognize and identify to others when such efforts would be unsafe given your personal situation