Welcome to the World of Mountain Biking!
Did you just get your first mountain bike and want to learn some new skills? Go out with some friends and now you’re hooked on the sport? Just love the idea of exploring more of your local trails? Our mountain bike fundamentals skills clinic is perfect for you!
In this 2-part series, we’ll take a skills-based approach to mountain biking so you can hit the trails with confidence this season! We’ll focus on position & balance, shifting & braking, terrain awareness, and direction control. You’ll have a chance to apply these skills on trail as we tackle technical terrain, proper cornering, maneuvering obstacles, and learning how to build speed with comfort. This is an excellent series for those that are new to mountain biking and intermediate riders that want to improve their riding.
Dates: Saturday 8/28 – Sunday 8/29
Time: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Location: Alsea Falls Mountain Bike Trails (Unfortunately, no E-Bikes here)
Instructor: Rheannon Blount and Jim Blount
Bike not included in class, but you can rent one by clicking the Add button in the shopping cart.
Adventure Services Equity & Inclusion Fund available – apply here.
Questions? Give us a call at (541)754-6444 or send our Adventure Services Coordinator an email at [email protected]
Physical requirements to participate in activity:
- Balance, steer, and stop a bicycle
- Get on and off of a bicycle independently or with the assistance of a companion
- Ride continuously for 30 minute periods
- Have the ability to follow verbal and/or visual instruction
- Wear a helmet and closed-toe shoes
- Follow trail etiquette and yield to other users including hikers, equestrians, and cyclists travelling uphill